Uniform Civil Code
- Article 44 of the Constitution of India states that the state shall endeavor to have a Uniform Civil Code but Directive principles are not mandatory like the fundamental rights.
- secularism is a basic tenant of the Preamble and the fundamental rights, having a common Civil Code may hamper the secularism
- in Shah Bano case 1985, the supreme court upheld High Court decision to grant lifetime alimony to Shah Banu a Muslim woman this case is the basis for a common Civil Code.
- Various laws for civl code in India:-
- section 10 a 1
- Divorce act special Marriage Act
- The Hindu Marriage Act
- the Parsi marriage and divorce act
An ecclesiastical court is set up under the Canon law is an institution for Catholics Christians.
International Criminal Court
- Its an independent International Court not an organ of United Nation
- ICC is an intergovernmental organization and international tribunal that sits in The Hague in the Netherlands. The ICC has the jurisdiction to prosecute individuals for the international crimes of genocide,crimes against humanity, and war crimes. The ICC is intended to complement existing national judicial systems and it may therefore only exercise its jurisdiction when certain conditions are met, such as when national courts are unwilling or unable to prosecute criminals or when the United Nations Security Council or individual states refer investigations to the Court. The ICC began functioning on 1 July 2002, the date that the Rome Statute entered into force.
- India is not a party to rome stature that created the international Criminal Court( ICC) .
- the Sudan president was declared of War Criminal by the ICC for a Legal Aid genocide and war crimes during the dafur conflict in 2003
Child Adoption in India
- Juvenile justice care and protection of children bill 2014 has several controversial features such as provision to try heinous crimes of suspects between 16 and 18 years under provision of the Indian penal court
- In India a prospective adoptive parents should be physically, mentally and emotionally stable, financially capable ,motivated to adopt a child and should not have any life threatening medical condition.
- marital status or a biological child is not a bar
- a single male cannot adopt a girl child
- prospective adoptive parents have to register online with the Child Adoption resource information and guidance system
Global hunger index
- The Global Hunger Index (GHI) is a multidimensional statistical tool used to describe the state of countries’ hunger situation.
- The GHI measures progress and failures in the global fight against hunger
- The GHI is updated once a year.
- The Index is prepared by the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), and was first published in 2006
Global nutrition report
- The Global Nutrition Report 2015 is a report card on the world’s nutrition—globally, regionally, and country by country—and on efforts to improve it.
- It assesses countries’ progress in meeting global nutrition targets established by the World Health Assembly.
- It documents how well countries, aid donors, NGOs, businesses, and others are meeting the commitments they made at the major Nutrition for Growth summit in 2013.
- And spells out the actions that proven effective in combating malnutrition in all its forms.
- CrackCivil Services (IAS)2017 Prelims Program:- 10 Civil Services (IAS) Prelims Mock Tests and Comprehensive Civil Services (IAS) Prelims Notes
- CrackCivil Services (IAS)2016 Mains Program :- 16 Civil Services (IAS) Mains Mock Tests and Complete Civil Services (IAS) Mains Notes
- CrackCivil Services (IAS)2016 Video Lecture Program:- Complete video lectures for Civil Services (IAS) Prelims and Mains Exam
- CrackIFos2016 Mains Test series and Notes Program